NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT & TAKEDOWN POLICY
Notification of Copyright Infringement:
“Dislecksia: The Movie” (“Dislecksia”) abides by the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by responding to written notices of alleged infringement by legitimate copyright holders. As part of our response, Dislecksia may remove or disable access to allegedly infringing material residing on our website http://www.dislecksiathemovie.com/. Please note that Dislecksia does not control content hosted on any third party website and cannot remove content from any website that it does not own or control.
To file a copyright infringement notification with Dislecksia, please send a written communication to Dislecksia’s Copyright Agent, as required by the DMCA, and provide the following information in writing:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the specific material that is claimed as infringing and information sufficient to permit Dislecksia to locate that material on our website (providing a URL is the best way to help us locate the content quickly);
- A statement that you believe, in good faith, that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by law;
- If you are not the copyright owner, a description of your relationship to the copyright owner;
- Your contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; and
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, anyone who knowingly misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be liable for damages and attorneys’ fees incurred by the alleged infringer or by Dislecksia. Therefore, if you are not sure whether material infringes your copyright, you should contact an attorney prior to filing a copyright infringement notification.
Dislecksia’s Response to Notification(s) of Copyright Infringement:
Following receipt of a proper written notification of copyright infringement, Dislecksia will expeditiously remove or disable the allegedly infringing content. Dislecksia will also notify the customer who submitted or posted the allegedly infringing material and provide them with a copy of the copyright infringement notice.
Counter-Notification(s) of Copyright Infringement:
If a customer of Dislecksia believes that their content was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, the customer can send us a written counter-notification of copyright infringement that includes the following:
- The customer’s contact information, including name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled (providing a URL is the best way to help us locate the content quickly);
- A statement that the customer consents to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the customer is located (or if the customer is outside the U.S., the U.S. Federal District Court for the district of Connecticut and that you will accept service of process from the person who originally provided Dislecksia with the counter-notification of copyright infringement;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the customer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- A physical or electronic signature of the customer.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
Dislecksia will only accept counter-notifications that meet the requirements set forth above and are properly submitted to Dislecksia’s Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of a proper written counter-notification, Dislecksia will provide the person that submitted the original notification of copyright infringement with a copy of the counter-notification and will, on or after 10 business days following receipt of the counter-notification, restore the removed material to the Dislecksia’s website, unless our Copyright Agent first receives notice that a court action has been filed to restrain the customer from engaging in infringement related to the allegedly infringing material.
Copyright Agent Information:
All notifications of copyright infringement and counter-notifications should be submitted to Dislecksia’s Copyright Agent using the following information:
To: Dislecksia, Inc.
Attention: Copyright Agent
Subject Line: DMCA notification of copyright infringement / DMCA counter-notification